SOOOOO a little cheap toddler bed it is. We got one for her this week, and have been transitioning her over. I was really curious as to how she would do. She has done awesome. I had to get after her once for trying to color on her board from her bed during nap time. After the one warning, she has been good all week. Cross your fingers it stays that way for a while. She loves to sleep in it, and loves to tell you her Daddy made it for her. (She watched him put it together) We have really small rooms in our house, so It's nice that it takes up less room than her crib even did. Pus she's a short gal, and it's nice she can get up on it herself. Where a twin we probably would have had to put a stool by it for her. So we did well with that transition step. Now if I can get her ready to potty train, and get rid of her "bop" by the end of the year like I plan, we will be set. One step at a time.
Giggling * Camping * Diapers * Taking Pictures* ABC's * Blogging * Running* Movies* Reading * Mountain Biking * Playing Cars * Swinging * Cooking * Coloring * Hiking * Ponies * Cleaning * Meetings * Counting * Dancing * Singing *Geocaching * Golfing * Kite Flying *
Friday, July 9, 2010
Big Girl Bed
I have to start out by saying, Adam and I are both kinda anti-toddler beds. It just seems like an extra step in transitioning your child. You're gonna have to transition them once again to a twin bed in a few years, why not just start with that? Why spend money on the extra bed as well? I guess you could say we try to think logically about it. WELL logic had to go out the window with our budget. We wanted to purchase this bunk bed set that once our boy got old enough, he could join up with his sister, or have his own room....whatever we decided. The bottom bunk came as a full, so we were gonna get rid of our queen guest bed, and just use that one. Gabe was gonna get the top twin bed as her new big girl bed, and we were gonna be set. Well after configuring our budget for the next little while, it wasn't going to happen in the time we needed the crib for child numero two. We have other stuff to pay for, pay off, and all that junk. Specifically child number two. Ha. You all have been there, you know how life goes. Our bunk bed set isn't happening at this time, we get to wait.
SOOOOO a little cheap toddler bed it is. We got one for her this week, and have been transitioning her over. I was really curious as to how she would do. She has done awesome. I had to get after her once for trying to color on her board from her bed during nap time. After the one warning, she has been good all week. Cross your fingers it stays that way for a while. She loves to sleep in it, and loves to tell you her Daddy made it for her. (She watched him put it together) We have really small rooms in our house, so It's nice that it takes up less room than her crib even did. Pus she's a short gal, and it's nice she can get up on it herself. Where a twin we probably would have had to put a stool by it for her. So we did well with that transition step. Now if I can get her ready to potty train, and get rid of her "bop" by the end of the year like I plan, we will be set. One step at a time.




SOOOOO a little cheap toddler bed it is. We got one for her this week, and have been transitioning her over. I was really curious as to how she would do. She has done awesome. I had to get after her once for trying to color on her board from her bed during nap time. After the one warning, she has been good all week. Cross your fingers it stays that way for a while. She loves to sleep in it, and loves to tell you her Daddy made it for her. (She watched him put it together) We have really small rooms in our house, so It's nice that it takes up less room than her crib even did. Pus she's a short gal, and it's nice she can get up on it herself. Where a twin we probably would have had to put a stool by it for her. So we did well with that transition step. Now if I can get her ready to potty train, and get rid of her "bop" by the end of the year like I plan, we will be set. One step at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thats a way cute bed!! Where did you get it from? and how much???
Walmart for like $60 bucks I think. It comes in different colors.
How cute! She looks like such a big girl in her big girl bed. Its a cute bed too! $60 really isnt a bad deal. Maybe after a while you can get the bunk beds and then save the toddler bed for the little man. (or sell it on craigslist)
Such a big little girl!!!
Kennedy's working on sleeping in the same toddler bed, in white, for similar reasons. I also do not believe in toddler beds but....I'm planning on both girls ending up in cute bunk beds that I can't afford yet, so it made sense to buy Kennedy a cheap toddler bed while Maren still needs the crib. Hopefully the musical beds will all work out in the end!
Also, just FWIW about the binky, we let Patrick keep his through Kennedy being born and until he was about 2 3/4 and he gave it up VERY easily at that point, using the binky fairy method. Planning to do the same with Kennedy in about 3 months--here's hoping it goes as well! But, for both of my kids, they NEEDED those binkies when the new baby came, and I needed to not wreck the good sleeping by taking it away! Good luck!
Post a Comment