Giggling * Camping * Diapers * Taking Pictures* ABC's * Blogging * Running* Movies* Reading * Mountain Biking * Playing Cars * Swinging * Cooking * Coloring * Hiking * Ponies * Cleaning * Meetings * Counting * Dancing * Singing *Geocaching * Golfing * Kite Flying *
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Her Stats
I figured I'd blog about Gabe's two year check up. It's nice to keep the stats recorded somewhere. We had it this morning and I really dreaded going. Adam likes to come with when he can, and today I knew he couldn't. I also knew today she'd be getting shots, which isn't fun. She kept asking if we were going to Mommy's doctor to hear baby. I told her no, Gabe's doctor to see the fish. (It has fish wall paper she loves for some reason) She was all fine and dandy playing on the toys in the waiting area. As soon as we went to go into the room, she freaked out, and I had to drag her in screaming. I thought, GREAT, we haven't even gotten shots yet! She ended up doing okay with the nurse and all of her measurements, which surprised me. It helped the nurse did a coloring activity on the paper she had to lay on, and drew a girl in a pretty dress where Gabe was supposed to lay. She measured at 33 1/2 inches in height and weighs 24 pounds. The doctor told me she is in the 50th percentile for height, and 10-25 percentile for weight. Her weight has gone up, and he was pleased. He announced she was a healthy slender girl, and he thought it was great. He then asked if she was talking well and putting words together, she wouldn't talk to him so I couldn't show him. I told him she sure does. He later in the appointment mentioned ice cream , and she asked, "Mommy go get ice cream?" I said, "Yep after." She asked, "After talkin to doctor?" He was impressed, and it proved she could put words together. He told me she's ahead of the game in speech, and to save money for Harvard. (he always says cute cheesy things like that) He then filled me in on some questions I had for baby #2 coming, which was nice as well. The nurse only had to give one shot, and Gabe freaked out, until she got a purple band-aid. She was all content and happy to show it off. Ha. All that stressing for nothing. She did awesome. I am happy she doesn't need more shots until 4. That's nice. He did recommend if we haven't already, and we haven't, to make her first dentist appointment. That should be an adventure as well. As a nice mom, I did reward her with ice cream for doing so awesome. Well, a jamba juice, but she was just as pleased. I called Adam and he was surpirsed at how well it went, it usually doesn't go that smooth. We got lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Doctors visits like that are never easy but you did an awesome job!!! I think the moms get a little bit more nervous than the kid. Sounds like you have a great doctor for Gabe to go to also. love ya
great job gabrielle!! a purple band-aid would make me feel better too. and he sounds like a great doctor! i'll be calling for a pediatrician tomorrow, i've heard such good things about him, i hope he'll take my little girl!
It's nice you all survived!
You are so on top of things, my kids don't get to the doctor regularly, just when they are sick, hope that doesn't make me a bad mom.
Shots are the worst! I'm glad she did great! A jamba juice fixes all too! Ha.
Post a Comment