Monday, July 12, 2010

Sleeping through the Trimesters

I think it's funny how differently you have to sleep throughout the different trimesters.

1st trimester- You feel so tired and so crappy, you curl up in the fetal position and you don't want to move.

2nd timester- Your hip pain kicks in and you have to rotate positions every 2 and a half minutes to stop it from aching.

3rd timester- You try every pillow you can get a hold of to try and cushion your body, so you aren't laying right on your child and feel like you're smooshing them. Also flipping from side to side is the biggest chore in the world, it takes way too much effort. Unlike the first trimester, you feel like you have to stretch out long, cause any curling up just smooshes the baby into your bladder.

It always made me laugh before I had Gabe, and people would tell me to enjoy my sleep now, cause when the baby comes, I wouldn't get any. SLEEP!? PREGNANT WOMEN DON'T SLEEP. I have discovered it's to condition you for your baby. When the baby comes, and you all of a sudden have to wake up with it, you'll be set cause you're used to lack of sleep. See it's a good thing. Right?

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh, I love that a I relate to this post. I have 5 pillows on my bed. I, of course, wake up several times to try and roll over, but mostly just wake up grumpy because some appendage or other has fallen asleep. Ah, the joys of a huge belly. Fortunately, I can at least try to sleep in until 11 am. I'll send some of my Zzz's your way. :)

Weiss said...

This is what i always figured. I thought I was such a deep sleeper, then while I was pregnant with Braden it got me used to being up all hours, so I didn't have any problem getting up with him(or any of them there after)

Judy said...

We've all been there and done that - stomach sleepers suffer the worst! I don't thnk I slept a decent night from the time I got pukingly pregnant until Laurel was 5!