Thursday night they got here right after I had put Gabe down. So I told them to go in and say hi. I knew I shouldn't have. Gabe was like a kid on Christmas, and wouldn't go back to sleep due to being so excited. Little stinker. She loves her Nana and Poppa. Friday Adam took Mike and Gabe on a 9 mile bike ride along the Truckee River while Judy and I shopped for fabric. Adam is always up for a bike ride, and loved time with his Dad. They stopped and let Gabe play in the river as well, and she was in heaven.


That night we went to a Reno Ace's game. Gabe did a lot better than I thought she would. She pretty much hung out in her seat for seven innings. We didn't know if we'd stay for the whole thing. It helped having Nana and Poppa there to hang out. Since she did so good, so late, we decided to stay for fireworks. They do them every Friday night, and they actually put on a pretty good show. They handed out glasses that made them look pretty cool. Gabe loved them, so she told us. When we got home and I asked if she had fun, the fireworks were all she'd talk about. Our team even won, even though nobody was expecting them to, with the team they played. It made for a good game.
Saturday Mike and Adam decided to go hiking for 4 miles, while the girls went shopping. (It was a very active weekend for the boys) Judy is making Ollie a quilt and wanted my help to choose the fabric for it. The poor thing, I don't know if she knew what she was getting herself into. I did find a color scheme I liked, but finding things to match it was the challenge. We ended up at five fabric stores, trying to make it work. We both did love what we finally figured out, which made my swollen feet worth it. She also made a curtain and a crib skirt for his room too. She had to do some serious rearranging with fabric and patterns, and it all turned out so great. We love it. I'm trying to work on getting his room some what decorated, so when I do I'll put up some final pics of the whole thing. (it doesn't really have a theme, but it'll be all boy)
Gabe loved her time with her grandparents, and really does think the world of them. They brought her some fun new toys that she still is enjoying. While they were here they could be found hanging out in her little tent with her, watching her sing and dance, pretending to eat the "soup" and "muffins" she made, or playing barbies. Thanks for the visit guys, we love you!

3 comments:
We had such a great time visiting. I did what I love to do chat, sew, and play with Gabe. Michael did what he loves - be active with the chatting along the way. Thanks for putting up with us and our messes. And Adam, thanks for the great food you bbq for us! I felt guilty the whole trip for not giving you both a rest from the kitchen.
Oh, a little grandchild's heaven- playing with her grandparents! Too cute! I love the little igloo tent. That is cute! I'm glad you guys had such a good time. I think the last picture of Gabe kind of says it all- she was loving it! Now we need to get together so that Adam and Steve can go for a ride. He's loving the Greenbelt up here, and I'm betting Adam would too! I'm thinking next spring would be great for you guys to visit! :)
Looks like you guys had so much fun! Did the 3D glasses make the fireworks cooler? That's so great that Grandpa got in on the barbie playing too. I bet Gabe just loves her cute little tent!
Post a Comment