The other day we were working out in the garden. We had soaked the ground, to make pulling some of the tough weeds out easier.Thus causing mud, of course. Gabe was walking around, "helping", and wanted to go over to where Adam was at. I told her she couldn't, there was too much mud. Gabe hates dirt on her, let alone mud. I told her she'd have to wait a minute for Adam to come back where she could sit by him. She didn't want to wait. She attempted a path that went right along the edge of a muddy spot, and ended up walking right in it. She freaked out when she started sinking and sat on her bum in the mud as well. So she ended up pretty muddy. Her reaction, was serious hysterics. The whole time screaming, "No! Shoes dirty!" Adam and I had to giggle, I know how insensitive of us. Adam took some pics with his phone. We tried showing her mud was fun, and it just made her more upset. She was too concerned about her shoes being dirty, her shirt being dirty, her pants being dirty. What kid doesn't like mud? Gabrielle. Poor thing was devastated, but I love her cute pouty lip in the picture.
Giggling * Camping * Diapers * Taking Pictures* ABC's * Blogging * Running* Movies* Reading * Mountain Biking * Playing Cars * Swinging * Cooking * Coloring * Hiking * Ponies * Cleaning * Meetings * Counting * Dancing * Singing *Geocaching * Golfing * Kite Flying *
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Our Girlie Girl
The other day we were working out in the garden. We had soaked the ground, to make pulling some of the tough weeds out easier.Thus causing mud, of course. Gabe was walking around, "helping", and wanted to go over to where Adam was at. I told her she couldn't, there was too much mud. Gabe hates dirt on her, let alone mud. I told her she'd have to wait a minute for Adam to come back where she could sit by him. She didn't want to wait. She attempted a path that went right along the edge of a muddy spot, and ended up walking right in it. She freaked out when she started sinking and sat on her bum in the mud as well. So she ended up pretty muddy. Her reaction, was serious hysterics. The whole time screaming, "No! Shoes dirty!" Adam and I had to giggle, I know how insensitive of us. Adam took some pics with his phone. We tried showing her mud was fun, and it just made her more upset. She was too concerned about her shoes being dirty, her shirt being dirty, her pants being dirty. What kid doesn't like mud? Gabrielle. Poor thing was devastated, but I love her cute pouty lip in the picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is funny! I love her pouty lip too. Dysen hated being dirty when he was little too. Let's just say he grew out of it. In Gabe's defense, her left shoe does look like "swamp thing." Poor girl. ha.
Maybe we need to go play mud pies next week. She needs to learn the joys of mud.
I think I'd rather have her hate the mud for now. Its so much cleaner! I'm sure she'll see the fun ways of mud once a cute boy is sitting in it. :)
Braden never liked being dirty when he was that age. He would change his clothes at least 3 times a day. She is so cute!!!!
Post a Comment