I have to tell you that out of all of us, Gabrielle talks to her baby brother the most. More than a few times in the day. We all try and connect with him, but for her it's not something she has to try and remember to do, she just does it. I don't mean for that to sound bad, but with a second kid it seems like Adam and I have to kinda remind ourselves to do it. Gabe will ask me, "talk to baby?" I tell her she can and she lifts up my shirt, and rubs my tummy, and talks away. It really is my favorite thing. It usually goes like this.
"Hi baby, I Gabe. I love you. Want to play toys with you. I count all your toes. Be big sister." She then gives him kisses. We used to help her say things to him, now she just rambles her own things. It's pretty dang cute. It makes me excited for her to be a big sister. Except when you ask her if we can bring him home and have him live with us, she'll still say no. HA! We're workin on it.
Have you ever stopped to thing what it would be like to be a baby in the womb? Man they really do put up with a lot. I imagine when I talk or someone else does, it sounds to him like something similar to when you talk and plug your ears. All muffled you know? Tummy rumbles, have got to be the loudest thing ever! Everyone that wants to feel him, pokes and feel around to try and touch him, so he is constantly getting jabbed. No wonder they push back or move away from it. I think I'm uncomfortable sleeping, he can't stretch out anymore, he's crammed in there. I think it's crazy to think about.
I would be really surprised if this little guy didn't have an early appearance. He seems so ready to come out. I had to have my doctor talk to me about braxton hicks vs. prelabor contrations, cramping, and ligament pain today at my appointment. I felt like a first time mom and was kinda embarrassed to ask. I didn't have any of those things with Gabe until she was almost due. I couldn't remember when I should be alarmed about things. This guy I get to deal with all the goods already. It's so crazy.
Anyway that's about it
4 comments:
glad to know i'm not the only one thinking some of those things. but think about it- our little babies are so warm and snuggly in there. thats a positive!
and if your little guy comes before his female cousin- i'm going to be green with envy... not that i'm ready to evict her just yet (we still have a ways) but seriously. plus, he needs that time to cook too!
I know what you mean everything that I got with Ari I got earlier with Kason. It's pretty crazy how that happens. That is so cute Gabe talks to the baby. She sounds so adorable.
I love that Gabe talks to the baby. So cute! Don't worry, as soon as she sees him she won't want him out of her sight. He will definitely be invited home.
I love that when the kids talk to the baby, and of course the shirt has to come up, there is no way they baby could hear them through the fabric, hahaha.
Post a Comment