Thursday, July 8, 2010

Feeding the Ducks

We don't have any big trips planned throughout the next couple of months (which is nice), so we've been trying to do some fun, cheap stuff around town. Yesterday we took Gabe to feed the ducks. We really need to do it more with her, she loved it. I told her early in the day we could go, and she wouldn't let it go ALL DAY LONG. My mistake, but I did bribe her with it to eat her dinner. :) Adam came home and the first thing she let him know, was that we were going to feed the duckies. We went to this random park, but it was actually a really nice choice. We could go out on this little bridge area and feed the ducks without having the geese try to attack us. I hate how mean geese are, so it was nice having them contained just a little. Gabe loved it, and kept calling to them that she was going to feed them food/dinner. We saw some baby ones, which she thought were great, and she liked a particular white one. It's so fun what things are entertaining to kids. Here are some pics of our adventure.






A lot of the same picture, but she was pulling some funny faces, so I posted them.





5 comments:

Katrina said...

oh those faces are soo funny! she's so cute. i'm glad she got to feed the duckies. thats too fun.

Danni said...

The pictures are too cute! That park looks awesome and the faces are priceless! So not to spoil your post, but I have to tell you a quick story. Two Mondays ago Eric & I took Sarah Grace to feed the ducks at a local park. Literally two seconds before we pulled up a duck got hit by a car. It was wobbling in the road and had intestines hanging out. I got out and tried to help it, but within ten minutes it was dead. It was horribly sad and I won't give all the details, I was just very grateful that Sarah Grace didn't see it! Well I hope that doesn't put a downer on your post, I probably shouldn't have told yall any of that, but I had to share!
PS the rest of the day went really well. Lots of bread and duckies!

Judy said...

We get to see people feeding the ducks all the time at our work. Sometimes the ducks decide to parade back and forth across the road stopping traffic. It's pretty hilarious when the big 18 wheelers sit there honking and honking trying to get the little waddlers to move faster!!

Grandma Krissy said...

How fun!!! Yes it is the simple things that are the best! By the way....you look so beautiful Mandy. Love ya

KBPatterson said...

Feeding the ducks is the greatest for kids. Okay it's the greatest for adults too. That's great you found a way to keep the geese away too. They freak me out a little. I love Gabe's faces! And I agree you look very pretty in your pics Mand.